We invite you to enter the SBO.net Scholarship Program. We will select one top award winner who will receive a $1,000 unrestricted scholarship (unrestricted means you can buy pizza with the award instead of books if you want—the check is in your name).
The winning essay will be posted on sbo.net
SBO.net is interested in hearing how you think about the future of professional sports with the ever-growing amounts of investment from television rights and the advancements of technology.
There are no correct answers—we are looking for honest, compelling essays.
What do I write about?
Write an essay, between 500 and 1000 words, on one the following two topics:
- Looking at the ever-changing world of technology, how do you think recent advancements will benefit sports fans? Give us an idea of where you think innovation is headed, or propose a new idea that you would like to see invented in the near future!
- Looking at the growing amounts of TV revenue and corporate sponsorship in professional sport are the fans being short-changed?
How do I Enter?
- Write the essay in Microsoft Word file format (doc or docx)
- Entries with typos or grammatical errors will not be considered
- Submit the essay as an attachment in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The filename should include your first initial, last name, and your school name
- For example, Jane Smith who attends school in Austin would use this filename: JSmith_UniversityofTexasatAustin
In your email, include
- Full name
- Name of school
- Type of program (e.g. marketing)
- Email address
- Home address
- Telephone number (we won’t call unless you win)
Who is Eligible?
- Any high school senior or college student is eligible to apply.
- Must not be an employee of or immediately related to any employee of SBO.net
- All entries become the sole property of SBO.net
- Writing cannot be returned to the entrant
- net reserves the right to require proof of enrollment at a qualifying academic institution prior to issuing an award
- One entry per person per contest year
- Void where prohibited